Private Flute Lessons
Students of all ages welcome. Alison is willing to travel to you for lessons in the comfort of your own home. Lessons are tailored to each individual student and draw from a variety of methods, Alison's lessons focus on developing strong fundamental skills such as diaphragm support, rich tone, finger technique, vibrato, and ear training.
Interested in adding flute to your composition or ensemble? Alison collaborates with a variety of artists and musicians on projects ranging from chamber music ensembles to performance art projects. Send her an email to pitch your idea!
Take your original single to the next level with background flute melodies.
- Bohemian Noir: French-Klesmer style Jazz ensemble based in the Boston area. The group's sound blends conventional gypsy flair with other popular and contemporary styles.
- Santosha: Boston area based Kirtan style band performing meditative call and response pieces as well as live music during yoga classes and sacred sound performances. To see a live recording of Santosha's Kirtan at the Sacred Sound Salon in Watertown, click here.
- Jeff Jam Lullabies CD: Recorded a few supporting flute parts and solos for Jeff Jam's latest album yet to hit shelves.
- Courtisan In Crisis: Contemporary Temple Dance and spoken word project conveying the paradox women face when compelled to enter relationships primarily as objects and are not able to attain the wholeness of unity. Poetry and choreography by Pampi, set to an avant-garde Raga Durga composed by Garo Papazian (Dumbuk), Mohan Krishnan (guitar), Colin Forhan (guitar), and Alison Dagger (flute).
- Leaves Broken In Song: Performed for After Harvest Alpoarrentao Productions' (branch of PALESCA) flagship event, the piece was an invocation to the new harvest moon, her many faces, and how she may symbolize the Id, Ego, and Voice in all of us. Piece combined spoken word, dance, and live music. Choreography by Pampi, poetry written by Aura Valdez, music composed by Alison Dagger.